Friday, September 9, 2011

study hall

College is not as hard as i thought it was going to be. The only thing I can get is all the homework the teachers give us everyday we go to their classroom. I havent had a day where I went to my room and doesnt have to do any homework. It was alot on my load ,and I didnt know what or how Im going to deal with all this homework my first year. I am a person who wait until the last moment to start my homework assignments and I can get distracted very easy. The coaches told us that we had mandatory study hall for all first year students and tranfers. I thought it was a study idea and, i didnt want to go. I rather thought being in my room and being on my phone would be the better than to do instead of going to study hall for an hour. my place dont even get service in the moody where we have study hall at. I felt like a hour and a half without my phone would kill me inside. The first day, the time felt like it was going so slow to me and it had only been ten minutes i have been in there. In my mind, I thought i couldnt do it and then i said "i might as well do my homework while im in this horrible place" and that was the best idea i had in a good while. My coach was there if i had any questions about my work and i was around people in my classes and we work on our projects and homework together. Time goes by fast when you doing your homework. It a quiet place to study, nobody will bother you with their loud music, and you have people and coaches around to insist you with any problems you dont know. It really did improve my grades and my ability to understand the work that was given to me by my teachers. It hard not being on my phone ,but being there made me put it away and put my total mind on my work instead of texting and doing other stuff that i shouldnt be doing like playing my xbox or being on the phone and not doing my work. College is not as different from high school. It just means you got to manage your time and get your work turn in. You also have to understand your work or you wont be able to use it for your major or life. Study hall really did help me to get all my work done, but it a pain in the butt because i miss half of a football game and i never miss football game :(

No comments:

Post a Comment